Late filing

Late filing of U.S. tax returns

Even if you have failed to file your tax return on time, including all applicable extensions of time to file, you can still do it.

However, you should do it as soon as possible in order to avoid increased penalties and interest for both not filing your tax return and not paying due taxes on time. In addition, filing too late may cause losing your refund and, if you are self-employed, credits for Social Security benefits.

A return claiming a refund must be filed within 3 years of its due date for a refund to be allowed. After that, the refund statute prevents the issuance of a refund check and the application of any credits to other tax years that are underpaid. The statute of limitations for the IRS to assess and collect any outstanding balances does not start until a return has been filed.

What can you do?

Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures

Offshore voluntary disclosure incentive program (OVDI)

Mailing address:

P.O. Box 3959

1001 AT Amsterdam

The Netherlands

Visiting address:

Keizersgracht 241

2nd floor


The Netherlands

Office Location Eindhoven

Building Fellenoord 100 – 180

Regus 4th Floor



General:      +31 85 8000 095

Amsterdam: +31 20 8208 756

Eindhoven +31 40 266 8668

US Tax:       +31 85 8000 092

Dutch Tax:  +31 85 8000 093


+31 85 8000 090


About us

OnestopTaxPrep has over 18 years of specialization in providing combined Dutch and U.S. tax preparation and consulting services. This specialization has assisted U.S. nationals living and / or working in The Netherlands and Dutch nationals living in the U.S.A.

E-mail disclaimer  *  Terms & conditions  *  onestopTaxPrep © 2009-2018  *  Contact us