U.S. tax returns


Regardless of whether one or twenty years have passed since you left the U.S., you will still need to continue filing a U.S. federal tax return and sometimes pay U.S. federal tax, based on your U.S. nationality.

Short of relinquishing your U.S. citizenship or your Greencard, the only exception to having to file a U.S. federal tax return is if your worldwide gross income does not exceed the filing threshold (for 2016 e.g., $10,350 if you are filing as a single or $20,700 if you are married and filing jointly).

In this respect, worldwide income means just that: the income you earn worldwide. So not only income from U.S. sources, but also your Dutch employment income, Dutch interest, Dutch capital gains, that U.K. offshore pension account, rental income from your French vacation home, etc.

Mailing address:

P.O. Box 3959

1001 AT Amsterdam

The Netherlands

Visiting address:

Keizersgracht 241

2nd floor


The Netherlands

Office Location Eindhoven

Building Fellenoord 100 – 180

Regus 4th Floor



General:      +31 85 8000 095

Amsterdam: +31 20 8208 756

Eindhoven +31 40 266 8668

US Tax:       +31 85 8000 092

Dutch Tax:  +31 85 8000 093


+31 85 8000 090



About us

OnestopTaxPrep has over 18 years of specialization in providing combined Dutch and U.S. tax preparation and consulting services. This specialization has assisted U.S. nationals living and / or working in The Netherlands and Dutch nationals living in the U.S.A.

E-mail disclaimer  *  Terms & conditions  *  onestopTaxPrep © 2009-2018  *  Contact us